Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Saturday we headed out to the farm for a picnic where we could enjoy Grandma's delicious fried chicken! It was so beautiful out there. Since this is where Mom grew up, we have been visiting Magrath my whole life. Even though we were there at the tail end of winter, it was still beautiful. I love the landscape of southern Alberta - the rolling hills and golden fields, the huge blue sky, and the unexpected deep coulees. (Coulees are like small steep valleys cut through by water - they often have jagged rock edges and are full of trees) I have pictures of Dad holding Gabe on the edge of one below... Everyone was so sweet with Gabe the whole time we were in Canada. Here is Aunt Cindy taking him down to the water to explore and Dad helping him throw rocks into the water...how exciting!!
And what would a trip to Magrath be without a softball game?!! We got to watch a ball game with Cole and Jordan playing!Alex and Gabe... my sweet cousin Alex was so cute with Gabe. He adored her by the end of the trip!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

OH, I agree. I love the landscape of southern Alberta, too. I didn't know you guys got to do that picnic. It looked like something I would love! And grandma's fried chicken - yum! I can't believe they were already playing softball this early. Sounds fun. And Alex really is good with kids, huh! I'm glad that Gabe loved her so much.

Melanie Anne said...

I too love the landscape there! It looks cold for apicnic--but a tradition is tradition, right?! I love seeing Grandma and Grandpa--I am so glad you got to spend some time with them. And of course everyone loved our little Gabe--he is a delight!!