Highland splash pad... boy, do I wish they had had this while we lived here!






Tuesday, August 24, 2010
summer time!
We spent 3 weeks of summer in Utah and the heat was sublime! I never thought I would say that but I really miss the hot days and the beating sun of summer. It felt great to put on shorts, sandals, and tons of sunscreen and play out in the sun every day! It was extra fun because Erin was there too with her kids so I got to spend time with everyone but Mel. (Luckily we are visiting them in TN in a few weeks.) We had a blast at the splash pad, the pool, Thanksgiving Point children's water gardens, the Great Salt Lake, Wheeler Farm, Timpanogas Caves, riding the horses in the mountains, jumping on the tramp at Mom and Dad's and just running around... whew!! We also had a great time at the Discovery Museum and the Dinosaur Museum... wow, it was a jam-packed vacation full of fun activities! Then every night Dad would pop his humongous bowl of popcorn and we would all play games or watch movies! It was seriously such a FUN time!! I had a hard time coming home and returning to my "real" life - haha! I took so many great pictures, I'm going to have to post them in batches!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh, I love these pictures! My goodness, I didn't even post anythign about the splash pad... I wonder where my pictures could be?? Or maybe I didn't take any? Anyway, that was so much fun!! I'm glad we went a few times together. Gabe was a courageous little fellow to go to the actual pad - my kids wouldn't venture near it! Love you!
Sorry we were not able to get together while you were here! I love the splash pad too...it is so great and I love that it is free. :) I can't believe how big Gabe is getting...Isaac still talks about Gabe and wants to know where he lives now. Funny! Looks like you had a good trip!
I love that picture of Crystal and Gabe. So cute! On the other hand, I look TERRIBLE in both pictures you have of me. Do I really look that dumpy? I am definitely not wearing that cover-up again. On a better note... the splash pad was SO fun with you guys. I took Jack the other day and missed having Erin and you there to talk with while Jack played around. Move back... please?
Post a Comment