Thursday, September 9, 2010
Blackhawk and horseback riding
During our vacation in Utah, my family did a camping trip up at one of our favorite spots - Blackhawk campground. Dad brought up the horses and we had a great ride that evening. The mountains up there are gorgeous - the views breathtaking. I remember wishing I could remember every detail of the moment - it was so beautiful and peaceful. We stopped in an alpine meadow and let the horses graze on the tall, waving grass... it was amazing. How great is it that my parents and brother love horses?! It gives us such a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the outdoors. Later that night after dinner we had a campfire and a dutch oven dessert. Nyah got tucked into bed in the horse trailer but Gabe got to stay up super late and enjoy the fire and the starry sky! We didn't sleep over this time but some day it will be fun to do the real thing!


On the way back we came across Eric and kids. He had opted to take them on a "hike" instead of riding. What a dad!!
Mom took Gabe out "riding" often... Gabe loves the horses!! You can tell from that big "cheese" grin at the bottom- haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I love riding, too! I hate not being able to go when I get really pregnant. I love Gabe's big smile. Jack LOVES those rides, too. We are so lucky our family has horses, aren't we?!
That was one of my favorite things on our trip to Utah!!! Riding the horses in the beautiful Utah mountains with all our wonderful family is the BEST! Gabe looks adorable on the horse! What a happy little cowboy:)
awesome pics baba! I love checking your blog and seeing your posts. They are always so interesting and fun to look at! Miss you guys.
Matt
How fun! I love Gabe's grin. He is such a cutie!!
I think we have a little cowboy in the making!
Post a Comment