Tuesday, September 21, 2010
train ride to Lookout Mtn!
We rode the steepest passenger train in the world, the Incline Railway, up to Lookout Mountain - a Civil War site. It was amazing!! The views were spectacular. From the lookout you can actually see into 7 states! The train ride was a little hair-raising for me... a 72% incline is kind of spooky. Everyone had a blast though! 






Cannon and Gabe were giving each other a hug - it was so cute! I sort of caught it on camera! :)
Then we took a walk to Point Park - another Civil War site with breathtaking views.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Cool! I can imagine you not really liking that incline. It reminds me of when we went 4 wheeling in the 4 runner when we were little, and you wanted to get out and walk. Do you remember that? Anyway, I can't believe you can see into 7 states. Crazy! Looks like you guys had a blast though. I can't believe how much you packed into one week.
That was sooo fun!! Next time I want to hear the tour guide though--I htink our guys were wanting to get back for football games:)
I have been looking back over these pictures again . . . just torturing myself, missing you all so much! :)
What darling kids (from both families). I am so glad you had so much fun. It looks like you had a great time with Melanie and Brad.
Post a Comment