Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a soft spot for the South

We just returned from a wonderful visit to Chattanooga, Tennessee to see my sweet sister Melanie and all her boys.... Brad, Connor, TJ, Coleman, Bridger, and Cannon. What a BLAST!! We had such a great time with their family. Gabe was thrilled to be surrounded by all his cousins... and their toys. :) Nyah was the center of attention and never lacked for some kind of entertainment with so many people, big and small, trying to make her laugh! Eric played football almost every day with the big boys and had lots of relaxing time. And I had probably the best time of all just being there in my sister's home with her as company. Melanie and I have always been close (she had to share a room with me right until she left for college, poor girl!!) She has been married for 14 years and her house has always been a second home to me. They moved to TN at the same time we left Utah for Seattle. Boy, have I missed her! It felt SO GOOD to see her again and be surrounded by the beautiful chaos of her life! I mean that in the BEST possible way... let me explain. :) Mel's house is gorgeously decorated and so organized - and yet perfectly suited for the lives of 5 sons! That's probably due to the fact that Mel takes her role as a mother and homemaker VERY seriously. She has created a home that truly is an oasis and fortress from the world. I love seeing all the inspiring pictures and messages all through the house - there is such a warm and inviting feeling there. With 5 boys you can imagine that things aren't quiet around there though! Even though we got to see a few battles (hee hee), overall I have always been impressed with how much my nephews love one another and their cousins. Mel and Brad are such good examples to me on parenting and how to create a loving and fun home. Can you tell how much I love and respect my big sis?! :) My heart is just so full from being able to spend a week straight with her and her family. Thanks for all the amazing memories guys - can't wait for next time!!
Coolidge Park
One tuckered out Cannon on the way home!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, your post made me totally jealous! I wish I were there hanging out with you girls, too. And Coolridge park looks awesome! I love how the water squirts out of the elephants tusks. How cool!

Melanie Anne said...

Oh Britt--what a sweet post! Thank you for seeing the good in me! What a good little sis you are:)I love you! We LOVED having you here!! Come back soon!