I was so happy all day watching it fall gently down while we were snug and warm in our cozy house. It was a perfect winter day...
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Bring on the snow, Seattle!
We Love Love Love the snow in this family! It's one of the things we have missed the most here in Washington. So when we woke up to the white stuff one morning, all of us were pretty excited. Gabe starting exclaiming about how it was Christmas now and Santa was coming! Despite learning that we had another month to wait for that momentous occasion, he was still bouncing around with excitement and couldn't wait to go out and dig around with is trucks in all that snow (all of a 1/4 inch at this time!!) He looked so adorable out there trying in vain to "dig" in the snow. He was so cute and good natured about it though - just told me it was too hard with his big digger so he was going to try it with his little digger. (He could not figure out why the big one wouldn't work since, as he explained to me, it had the "claws" on the front - evidently perfect for digging in the snow... but not so much with half frozen dirt!)
Later he had a bit more success as the snow finally started to stick. (He is crouched behind the digger in this picture)
It was so beautiful. Here are some pics of the house and neighborhood. (I wasn't the only one out taking pictures of it, either... it was so fun to see other flashes going off as the neighbors captured the moment too!) 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
wooo hooo snow!! These are cool shots. I really miss that white stuff. I bet Gabe had so much fun!
I love snowy days! You did get some pretty shots. I laughed when you called me and told me about Gabe trying to dig in the snow. I love his enthusiasm. :) I wish I were there to witness it all!
I am laughing out loud about Gabe trying to dig in the quarter inch of snow. -Even with claws on the front!!!?? :) How adorable!
How did I miss seeing these pictures. Those pictures could have been in the mountain country of Utah! :) Beautiful! I bet you DID love that day. Don't you just love being tucked inside enjoying hot soup and warm bread on those dark, blustery, stormy days!
Post a Comment