I am in a dinner group with some friends that also love to cook and I have to say it is such a blast!! I love it! We get together once a month - taking turns hosting a dinner of whatever we choose. Then the hostess gives out all the recipes she used that evening. No kids, no cooking (except when it's your turn to host!), no dishes, no bill, no men... it's just about perfect. (I'm just kidding about the 'no men' part being perfect - haha! But you ladies have to admit that it is something special to just hang out with the girls occasionally!) Anyway, it is a special treat and I look forward to it every month.
So you can imagine how excited I was when it was my turn to host... and I even got December - my favorite month of the year! I will admit I put far more time into preparing the table setting as I did preparing the dinner! But to me, ambiance is everything. I wanted this Christmas dinner to be something special. Each of these women had given me such a wonderful evening at their houses this past year, I was anxious that everyone have a lovely time that evening at my home. Here is the table, ready to go:



The ladies enjoying baked
Brie en Croute (one of my all time favorite appetizers) and chatting while I put the finishing touches on dinner...

All of my wonderful dinner group buddies! Thanks for taking the picture Eric...and for taking the kids out to dinner so we could have a quiet evening. :)

and Happy Birthday Alexia!!

I will be posting the menu on
Sisters Cafe next week for those of you that are interested!
7 comments:
I had a great evening! Can't wait for the recipes! Thanks!
What a fun idea! Your table looks absolutely gorgeous.
Everything does look beautiful, sis! I wish I lived near you to be in the dinner group with you! It looks and sounds SO fun!
Britt- You always set a beautiful table. Your Thanksgiving table was beautiful too!
Wow--what a gorgeous table. I wish I could have been there. It sounds like a wonderful party!! Your home looks so cozy and festive! I love it!
Everything was so beautiful and DELICIOUS!! Thanks!
What a fun day that must have been - so glad you have great friends out there. It sounds like it was beautiful and delicious. Wish I could have been there.
Post a Comment