Sunday, December 5, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We hosted Thanksgiving this year! We were so happy to share it with good friends since it was our first Thanksgiving away from family. We had a lovely evening... the food was delicious and the company was even better! Luckily my friend Lomney brought some brie en croute to snack on because the turkey took an extra 90 minutes to finish roasting. Everyone was about half starved when we finally ate! It was worth the wait though... everything was absolutely delicious from the turkey and mashed potatoes to the pumpkin pie.

Marcie and Lomney slaving away in the kitchen!Eric carving his own bird for the first time! He was thrilled, let me tell ya! :)

Hear are some pictures of the tables. Gabe helped me make the Mayflower boat for sailing on his table! Each child also had a little boat name card. I'm not sure why I didn't get pictures of us eating at the table! Oh well! Marcie helped the kids make apple turkeys after dinner... fun!!And the night would not be complete if everyone didn't get a "ride" on Denali! :)

4 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

What a fun Thanksgiving!! I loved your tables. What were on the adults plates? It looked very cool. I LOVE the boats on the kids table. you are a little Martha Stewart! So creative! Wish I could have been there! xoxo

Mindy said...

Your tables look amazing! You seriously have a knack for decorating, Baba. I loved them. That last picture of the kids on Denali is classic. What a good dog. :) Eric looks good in his black shirt, too! Go Eric on carving the turkey. :)

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

It was the perfect Thanksgiving! Thanks again for having us. We had a blast!

Jan S said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving table! WOW! THere is no better way to celebrate this holiday of gratitude than with best friends. IT sounds like you had a really wonderful time.