Friday, January 22, 2010

wild horses!

I had to post one more entry about our time in Utah... I couldn't leave out these great pictures of Gabe and Jack with Grandpa and the horses! One afternoon Dad let the 4 horses out into the pasture together where they really let loose, wildly running and kicking their way around - it really reminded me of little kids let out to play after a day cooped up! It was so fun to watch. After they settled down a bit, Grandpa took the boys out to pet them, feed them apples and sit on their backs. Mindy and I were snapping pictures the whole time - it was so cute! Those little boys were loving it! Are those the happiest looking boys or what?! I just love the funny faces Jack pulls - they are so endearing! What a quirky and lovable personality he has! Gabe just adores Jack and could play with him all day. They both think the other is so funny... I love it! While Jack was getting his turn to ride the horsie, Chief (our most affectionate horse) was all over Gabe, just nuzzling him to death! In the pics above you can see he always has his nose against him. (He loves Gabe but I think he was also searching for more apples!) Gabe didn't mind at all until at the very end when an overzealous Chief accidentally nudged a little too hard and Gabe landed on his bum in the snow! Gabe was terribly offended... I think the whole neighborhood heard him screaming his outrage!! oh boy... :)

3 comments:

Matt said...

awesome post sis! It's so much fun having the horses and I'm looking forward to summer camping trips with the horses as our boys (and girl!) grow up. It's going to be so much fun!

Mindy said...

Your pictures are so cute! I agree with Matt. Summer camping with the horses is going to be so fun again. I miss you!

Melanie Anne said...

Wow these pictures are awesome!! I wish I was there!! This looks so fun for the little boys! I am excited for this summer too!