Tuesday, June 29, 2010

family bike rides!

The whole family can now go on bike rides...we are so excited! For Father's Day we bought a bike trailer for the kids - Eric thought it was way cool. :) For FHE last night, we tried it out and it was a blast! We cruised the neighborhoods for about an hour with Gabe and Nyah snugged up nice and warm in the back. (It was a little chilly... no surprise.) It was so fun to see all the pretty houses and yards, chit chat together, and even get some exercise! I have a feeling this bike trailer is going to get a lot of use...
What do I have to do around here to get my boys to smile?!!! Despite how it looks, they had a great time!

10 comments:

Kristen said...

We love our bike trailer! I have been amazed at how often we use it! I am a cold weather girl plus I am VERY pregnant so I would take your chilly weather any day!!! They look darling sitting together in there!

Brianne said...

I bought a bike trailer yesterday. I still need a helmet for K. We'll have to go together sometime!

aubreyannie said...

we love our bike trailer..and it definitely has gotten a LOT of use. the kids love riding around in it. what a great father's day gift!

Melanie Anne said...

How fun!! Evn those boys of your may not be smiling they look very handsome! and nyah is adorable in that beanie!

Jodi said...

I think we have the same trailer. We got some major use out of ours too. Now we just need to get another one because we can't fit everyone in one trailer. Fun for you guys!

Erin said...

Haha! That is too funny about your two grim boys. Looks like a BLAST from their faces. :)hehe! What a great idea about bundling up Nyah. I feel like I can't do the bike rides with babies until they are a lot older, but I guess you figured it out! Jed will be happy when I tell him it can be done!
PS Sam and I are looking at these pictures together. His first exposure to his two cousins! :)

Jan S said...

What cute little grandkids! I love and miss them. It looks like you had so much fun. Miss you SO MUCH!
OXOXOX Mom

Mindy said...

That looks so fun! I really want a bike trailer and bikes. Gabe makes me laugh in the last picture. Nyah look so sweet and comfy, and Gabe looks a little uncomfortable. Im sure he wasn't but that look on his face is so funny. Can't wait to see you this week!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

How fun!! I need to get the bike attatchment for my jogging stroller (it converts into all kind of things but you have to buy the attachments seperately, ugh). Definitely a great family activity. I love Gabe's helmet!!

Marnie said...

I love the bike photos Brittany. Your kiddos look so cute and cozy in their trailer. We recently took our family on a two week cycling/camping adventure to Brittany, France. It was awesome! I hope to have photos up eventually, but am really behind on blogging. Miss you!