When a hungry Nyah woke me up at 5:45am this morning, the sun was streaming through the blinds. The bright sun! I haven't seen the sun in days...weeks...months (ok, not really, but it feels like it!) The sunshine and the fact that I had almost 8 straight hours of sleep made getting up this early feel almost good for once! :) It was going to be a great day.
After a fun breakfast of pancakes and eggies, we were off to a good start.... then I went into Gabe's closet to get his clothes for the day and smelled the distinct, icky smell of urine. And I'm thinking oh please noooooooo! But oh yes, the carpet all over smells like pee. When I question Gabe he tells me cheerfully that he has been peeing in the (mesh) hamper. WHAT?!! And for how long?? Seriously what am I going to do with this kid?! I thought potty training was like a scary dream, over and done with. Obviously not. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in Gabe's head... I mean peeing in the hamper? Huh?! Things have been a little edgy with our little man lately - I think a delayed reaction to baby Nyah joining the household. Eric and I have been at our wits end trying to deal with an out of control Gabriel! But after reading "Children the Challenge" again, praying for patience, and giving lots of extra attention, I thought things were looking up. And I think they are but we're obviously not out of the woods yet. Wish me luck....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I am so happy to see the sun too! Maybe Gabe can just hang out in the back yard until he stops peeing all over the place. The hamper??? Ewwww. I'm sorry.
You know, boys take a looong time to "get it". My boy has been potty trained for over a year now, and we still occasionally have accidents. I remember once he peed on the carpet 3 times in a day 6-8 months after I thought he had everything "mastered". Patience is the key. And never get mad at him. Love and understanding is also the key. It'll come. Love you.
Oh Brit! I am so sorry! It is so hard not to get angry and frustrated after something like that. I think it is so normal for them to regress after a new sib is born, sorry it had to happen on your awesome morning :(. Zed still has accidents too, we have been super lucky though as most have been in the bathroom on the tile floor.
Oh no! Little stinker. I'm so sorry. You're a great mom though! Yesterday when you were leaving the park, Kristina and I were laughing (it's funny when it's not your own kids you know) because we have ALL been there and we were just thinking how glad we were that we aren't the only ones! lol
Oh that was very funny in a "I'm glad that isn't my carpet" kind of way. Sorry! :) I started laughing reading and Jack looked up and started giggling, too, even though he had no idea what we were laughing about. Hopefully the carpet cleaning goes well, sis! I miss you like crazy!
So funny! Peeing in the hamper! Yikes! Funny to read how you described the discovery, but not funny for you when you made the discovery I'm sure! What a quirky little thing to do - so typical!! I hope you have a good week!
Post a Comment