


Sunday was a special day for all of us... Eric gave our sweet daughter a
beautiful blessing. It was such a spiritual experience. When he brought her back to our bench in the congregation, Nyah just stared into his eyes, so solemn. For that moment she seemed to be a much older being... the veil seemed very thin and there was a connection between her and her daddy that was special to witness. The bishop told me afterward that Nyah watched Eric wide eyed, during the entire blessing, even though she had to crane her neck back to look at him! I'm so thankful to my Heavenly Father for my sweet baby and for a husband that honors his priesthood and loves the Lord. Lately my heart has been so full as I've thought about how blessed I am.

Doesn't she look like an angel in her dress? It's raw silk with a band of lace across the bodice that is embroidered with tiny pearls... it's so beautiful. My grandma bought it for her. She looked so precious for her special day. Thanks Grandma for giving her such a beautiful dress... I'm sure it will become a family treasure!

Cheryl and Caitlynn came for the baby blessing. It felt
so good to have family with us during such a special time. We missed everyone else that couldn't come. Unfortunately I was running around like a maniac all morning and didn't get a picture of them with our little angel! I'll post other pictures of the weekend later though!


11 comments:
Oh, what a beautiful little girl. She is so precious, Brittany. And that blessing dress is a treasure. I absolutely love it. What a wonderful Sunday. I'm so happy for you.
Nyah looks so beautiful and so do you Brittany! Looks like it was a great day!
I love baby blessings. Nyah looked so adorable. I love the bonnet!
Beautiful!!! She is absolutely a doll! She looks like an angel in her blessing dress!
It was a beautiful blessing, glad Todd could be a part of it. I already told you I just love the raw silk dress and she was so gorgeous in it! I also love how alert she is all of the time... just a warning, but Taylor was the same way and she never stopped once she learned how to move and is only starting to chill a bit! :)
What a special day for you all she looks beautiful, and you look fantastic. Hope you guys are doing well. :)
Oh wow--that is the most beautiful baby and the most beautiful blessing dress I have ever seen! I LOVE it! I also love her sweet little bonnet! What a beautiful experience for you and Eric. I am so happy for you and can not wait to meet this little darling girl!! Love you! XOXO
She looks so beautiful in her blessing dress. Where did you find it? Sounds like a special day. You look beautiful too Britt!
She looks like an angle in her blessing dress... a perfect little angel. Just looking at her made me feel so blessed to have her in our family. And her dress is just beautiful on her! I remember looking at it and trying to imagine her in it. I love you baby Nyah!
Oh my goodness. I loved this post. Thank you for every little detail. I feel sad that Matt and I weren't there to celebrate Nyah's special day, but hearing your experience and seeing all the pictures makes it a little better. Nyah looks adorable. What a sweetheart. That little bonnet and dress is to die for, and such a special gift. We are counting the days and are so excited to visit this summer and spend time with your family!
I have looked at your blog several times, but the pictures didn't download for some reason. She looks just like a little angel in that dress. I hope that Grandma looked at it - it is beautiful! I think you should put it up in her room. Nyah really is lovely! I can hardly wait to have you all come home.
Post a Comment