Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Christmas Morning!

The kids on the stairs all ready to go see what Santa left (Mindy and Mom couldn't wait so we let them join the little kids...heehee, jk! Thanks for holding the babies for the picture, guys!)Gabe was thrilled to see Cranky the Crane waiting for him next to his stocking... just what he asked Santa for! He was equally thrilled with Wesley's Buzz and Woody... and Wes loved his crane of course. Isn't it always like that on Christmas morning! :) They both had lots of fun checking out each others cool stuff!Nyah is much more interested in watching all the big kids run around screaming with excitement than check out her own presents! :)Eric and I got a surprise present from Gabe...a handmade Rudolph ornament that he made and wrapped in preschool. It was so fun to open! We loved it!!
Matt was in the Ukraine this year and brought back some beautiful Pysanky eggs for Mom. She loves them. They even gave me one in my stocking - yay!!Mom quilted each of us a scripture blanket for Christmas! Eric's was U of U (he had a big grin on his face!), Gabe's has all kinds of sea creatures and ships on his (last summer he got to pick the fabric out himself!), Grammy already made Nyah's pink and green quilt with little animals, and mine was a beautiful pattern of bees and beehives in a Relief Society theme... I love it and I know we will all cherish these hand made gifts. Thanks mom! Now we can snuggle up in our warm, soft quilts and read the scriptures together!As you can see from that wild-lookin' grin, Gabe loves his fishing rod from Erin's family... and has been asking to go fishing just about every day since Christmas!
Jack's favorite gifts were books!! Gabe is checking out Jack's bat and ball while Jack is otherwise occupied at the moment... :)

What a fun and exciting morning - for the big people as well as the little! :) Eric and I are so excited for this new phase of our lives when the magic of Santa Claus makes Christmas morning extra special. We had no idea how much we would love being parents!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, I just loved this post! Christmas morning looks like it was so much fun! I love all the little details about what you guys opened and what the kids liked. I loved seeing that adorable smile on Gabe's face when he is holding the fishing rod. What a sweetie!!!!!
I loved the pic of all the kids on the stairs. Too cute. :)
That is so cool about the pysanky eggs that Matt brought Mom - a special sweet gift. And I love the Relief Society blanket and U of U blanket. :)

Mindy said...

That was so fun to spend the holidays with you, Baba! Just looking at these pictures makes me remember how much I loved having you be here. Jack is looking at these pictures with me, and he got so excited at the one with "Gaber holding baseball bat!"