Then there was the time Gabe wanted to go out and enjoy digging in the snow for awhile. So I got him all dressed and sent him on his way... only to find him settled literally on the back step to play. With a huge yard and expanse of glittering snow to enjoy he was perfectly content to be within inches of the door! What a goofy kid!
Papa and I took Gabe and Jack sledding one evening. It was a lot of fun! The boys loved it and I must say, Dad and I really enjoyed ourselves too! It was an incredibly beautiful evening with the deep blue sky of twilight and the air that is so clear and cold there is a crispness to it. The snow covered mountains were towering over us and there was a snake of mist along the creek nearby. It took my breath away. I miss Utah so much. Don't get me wrong, I love the Northwest - there is beauty almost anywhere you are - but I do miss the open, blue sky of Utah. The twilight hour there is magical. Anyway, it was quite the experience that evening enjoying the outdoors with 3 of my favorite people in the world! :)




4 comments:
It looks like you had such a good time at home! Of course Gabe wanted to knock the snowman over! That is such a boy thing to do! Glad you're back and love the hair!
OPh, that looks like a lot of fun to go sledding with dad and the boys. You guys are fun. And I liked your description of the winter evening. It was poetic and brought the image of the evening right to me!
I laughed out loud about Gabe suggesting you guys should knock down your snowman!! haha! I agree, I would be like, "What?! I worked long and hard on that buddy-boy!" :) Too funny! Although the past two years, our snowmen have been knocked down for us! We need to make one this year still. Gotta get out there sometime soon...
So much fun! I'm with you, I love the NW, but I totally miss the blue skies in the winter time. Wish we could get the best of both worlds. :)
I wish I could have gone with you! Although, to be honest, I was perfectly happy that you took Jack while I snuggled my newborn at home. He had so much fun, I know. That picture of the three of you on the sled is adorable. And I love the picture of dad hauling the kids on the sled. It looks like he got a workout!
Those pictures of Gabe and you playing in the snow are so cute! I love his sunglasses. And I laughed out loud imagining Gabe enthusiastically suggesting you knock the snowman down. And your bolded "over my dead body" had me laughing harder. I would have felt EXACTLY the same! Your such a fun mommy, sis.
Oh, and I agree with Erin. Your description of the evening was so perfect and poetic. You are such a good writer. You really capture feelings well with your words. I can totally imagine you telling me the story in real life. I'm so glad your such a passionate person. I love you!
Post a Comment