Monday, January 17, 2011

Colt Griffin

Just a few days before we arrived in Utah Mindy gave birth to her second son... what a sweet little bundle!! I was SO HAPPY that I was there to cuddle and love him in the first few weeks of his life. It was the highlight of our trip. One of the worst things about living far away is missing out on the little ones born in the family... I hate that. So needless to say I was really excited to be there for Colt's arrival. I was thrilled that everything went well for my little sis this time around. Two years ago, Jack gave us all the scare of our lives at his birth... but little Colt's was easy-peasy compared (or so I hear from Mindy - but then anything would be easy after her first experience, poor girl!) It was precious to hold that new little baby straight from heaven and I wasn't the only one that thought so! We all took turns - even Gabe loved to watch him. I love little Colt so much already and am so excited to watch him grow up!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, those are the sweetest pictures. He is so darling. What fun to be able to hold our tiny newborn nephew. Well, Yes, 'fun,' but more.... tender and special, I think. What a precious little sweetheart. I wish I could hold him too. He is so sweet.

Mindy said...

You got some great pictures, Baba! He is precious, isn't he. I already miss that new newborn phase. He is still tiny, but he seems so much smaller in those pictures! I was so glad you were able to be here to see and hold my newborn baby boy. I missed having most of my sisters gone this time around. Life just isn't the same without you around. PS Griffin is IN, not EN. :) Everyone always makes that typo.