Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy Bday Eric!

Big Eric had another birthday - wahoo! :) I made him a fabulous (if I do say so myself) chocolate swirl cheesecake that we enjoyed at our family party after a yummy dinner. Then the bday boy opened his present... a Kinect! Which was super exciting because he has been pining after one ever since they came out (which is really weird because he hates videogames) but I said NO WAY - I have been waiting a long time for some furniture for the house! But it was his birthday and our friends did give us an xbox for free (yes, we have cool friends!) and our parents did want to go in on it and I knew it would be a killer surprise... so I got it! I loved his reaction when he first opened it; is was soooo Eric. It went something like this: I have my camera ready and poised to capture the first glimpse... Eric rips aside the paper and... not a change in expression at all, just a bland "no way" with no emphasis at all. Ya, I'm serious. Hahaha!! I don't know why I was expecting him to yell and shout and jump out of his seat! That is totally me, not him! :) But despite his reaction (or should I say, lack of) he was thrilled with the Kinect and has been loving it so much he went out and bought another game today! In all fairness, he did give me a big grin a minute later - see pic below. :)there it is... gotta love that smile :)our little jewel happily chewing on (and pulling apart) my pastry brush during the partyI have a feeling my boys are going to have a lot of fun with this thing!!To further the celebrations, Eric's parents flew into town today and took us all out to eat for a birthday dinner at BJ's. It was so fun!While we were distracted talking, Nyah took the opportunity to taste everything within her reach on my lap... some scraps of lettuce and a chocolate covered spoon. She was NOT happy to have those tasty treats taken away! :)
Happy birthday babe!! You are the best daddy to our little cuties and the best husband I could ask for. You bless our lives and we are so thankful for you. Love you so much... xoxoxo!

10 comments:

Brianne said...

You got that post up quickly! Nice work :-). Happy birthday, Eric! I hope he enjoyed his pizza cookie! And the picture of Nyah with the cheerios is adorable!

manders said...

looks like he had a great birthday. We love the kinect its so much fun even for the kids. You should get dance central, deca sports that is a fun one, and my favorite your shape fitness evolved(great workout)...
Happy Birthday Eric

Unknown said...

How fun! Nyah is getting so big, she's beautiful! Happy Birthday Eric!

Melanie Anne said...

happy Birthday Eric!!! We love you! I loved all these pictures. It sounds like he had a great bday! My boys think that kinect looks so cool! Nyah is soooo cute too!! Even crying:)xoxo

Matt said...

Happy Birthday Eric! I saw on facebook it was your birthday about 4 days before the day and meant to remember and call/ post but forgot. Sorry man. I hope your birthday was excellent- but how could it not be with Brittany as a wife?! She's always made things so fun! Love you guys!

Matt

PS- what is a kinect?

Conrad, Michelle, Bronwen, Ava and Cate said...

What a great post! And, the pictures were priceless! I literally laughed out loud when I saw the last picture of Nyah. :-) Re. video games, we've been having archery contests over the weekend.:-) Big hugs!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Happy birthday Eric!! Love his reaction to his present, sounds like my Erik!! Stinkers. :) Don't they know how lucky they are to have us?! lol

Erin said...

Yes, Happy Birthday Eric! I loved all the pictures! That is a great smile you gave for the picture, after the initial 'no way' :)
We love you! You are awesome!

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday Eric!!! Love that big grin in the third picture! Again, what a great post! I love your descriptions, Britt. I was chuckling thinking of the difference between your response to a great surprise and Eric's. Sounds like he had a great birthday though! I am seriously dying to make that cheesecake. I've already decided it is a must for G's birthday. And that is so great that Cheryl and Don were able to come visit, too. I love that picture of Nyah with her chin on the table and the cheerios. She is such a cutie. And I love Gabe's big grin in the second picture. I wish I could get Jack to look at the camera. Argh. :)

Anonymous said...

I am late seeing this blog Eric, but you know that we just love you and are so glad you are in our family. It looks like you had a wonderful birthday. Love, Mom S.