Thursday, January 27, 2011

a pat on the back

Every time Eric or I pick up Nyah she gives us a pat on the back! Seriously - it is so cute! She just softly pats our back or shoulder over and over as if to say "yes, that was the right thing to do, good job." :) She is such a little darling lately. Now that I have recorded some of Gabe's funny moments, I want to remember a few of his little sister's...

For the most part, Nyah is a cautious little girl. For instance, when I offer her something new to play with she enthusiastically reaches for it but pulls her hand back at the last second, looks up at me and wiggles with excitement, then reaches again. This time her fingers will barely brush the object and she will pull back and grin at me, wiggle some more, then try again. She reaches over and over - touching just a bit more each time until she finally picks it up and has a taste! :) It is just so funny! When she was a little younger (while we were in Utah over Christmas), there were several times when I was holding her on my lap at the table and out of the corner of my eye I would see her twist her head all the way up to look at me. When I would look down at her I would see that she was holding a piece of food from my plate and solemnly looking at me as if to say "uh mom, I've got something here that I'm not supposed to have..." :) I think most babies would just immediately start trying to eat whatever it was. She cracks me up!

She absolutely loves the bath and goes nuts when she hears the water running into the tub, wiggling and yelling (or shall I say, screeching) with excitement! Then once she gets in she splashes so fast and hard that it is truly spastic!! :) Luckily Gabe just turns his head and grins and bears it. What a sweet big brother he is to her and she adores him. Truly adores him. Eric and I can jump around hooting like monkeys or stand on our heads singing Old McDonald and she will smile... but the only one that can make her belly laugh is Gabe. And all he has to do is say something (anything it seems) and she will crack up giggling. One time all he said was "it's time for bed, Nyah!" and she laughed and laughed - it was crazy!! Anyway, I love this picture - Nyah looks half-drowned while Gabe is dumping water over her head with a little grin at the corner of his mouth! That is about the extent of tormenting-little-sister that goes on around here (thank goodness) and she doesn't even mind!

6 comments:

Lori said...

That's so fun that they love each other so much. I can't wait for Addie and Simon to get to that place when he's a bit bigger. They both sound like just the sweetest kids.

Conrad, Michelle, Bronwen, Ava and Cate said...

The picture was great! :-) I know, all we have to do is say, "Bathtime," and Cate gets so excited! I laughed when I read about Nyah patting your back -Cate does the same thing! I always feel like she's saying,"You're my buddy!" :-D

Melanie Anne said...

What a sweet heart! She is beautiful and has such a darling personality too! I wish you were close and i could snuggle her up! Love you guys!xo

Matt said...

"jump around hooting like monkeys"....? I need to see this Baba!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

She is such a sweet baby!! I love the pic in the tub. Too funny!! Glad that's where the tormenting stops. :) Gabe is such a great big brother!!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, this is my favorite post ever! Those two sweet kids of yours are so DARLING DARLING DARLING! I just want to gather them up and give them kisses all over! I am smiling so big just reading about them. They are so sweet! I love the half-drowned picture, and Gave smiling as he dumps water on her. hehe :) And so funny that she laughs and laughs at Gabe - like "It's time for bed, Nyah!" that is very cute. And special. :) Gabe sounds like such a sweet big brother. I'm proud of what a sweetie he is to his baby sister. I love the picture of Nyah crying about the chocolate covered spoon. So funny! :) I love you, sis!