Denali is our American Bulldog. Yes, she is no longer "Eric's dog"... I can finally accept her as part of the family! Lest that seem cruel and unusual, I should explain... Eric has always wanted an American Bulldog and 2 years ago he ruthlessly talked me into it, even though I was violently allergic to her! It didn't help that we were working full time, living in a one bedroom apartment and I was soon to become pregnant. On the flip side, I love dogs and I have to admit that she was the cutest puppy I had ever seen in my life! Unfortunately that cuteness started to wane after about 2 days and once she got out of her pen and destroyed our apartment, it was altogether gone! (I'm not kidding about the destruction...it was complete, down to the lamp shades being eaten, my scrapbooks-turned-chewtoys and dog poo all over.) I could retell countless notorious stories of That Dog's antics! Needless to say, Denali and I have been down a long, hard road. Once she grew out of her spastic, wild puppyhood things started to look up for us. Now I have to admit that she is the sweetest dog...perfect for my little Gabe (who adores her right along with Eric) and perfect for our entire family. We have so much fun taking her hiking, horseback riding, rollerblading, camping...well, just about everywhere! So here is a post dedicated just to her...my little way of saying sorry for wishing she would just get run over by a big truck in the beginning and all the other hateful things I've thought about her in the past! :)
Nali loves Gabe...even though he used to twist and flap her ears and now chucks things at her all day!
Nali loves the mountains...but she is absolutely obsessed with Matt's horses! Luckily they all tolerate her infatuation with them!
She is such a lady...In case anyone wondered what those jowls looked like upside down. It's a scary sight!




6 comments:
I love your new blog design and this was such a cute update on Nali. I remember having similar feelings about Molly and you know how much I loved her. It is just hard to have an animal to take care of in addition to the ones you married and gave birth to.
Love you!
Mom
hey sis! Cool post on Nali. She's really turned into a nice dog. Great personality and so loving and upbeat all the time. I really like her. I love the new design on your post to. It looks great! Love you baba- Matt.
Nali is a such a good dog and my Isaac just loves to pet her everytime we go to get the mail. She's so good with kids so that's good right!! I love hearing your stories about her in the beginning...it's classic.
Nali is the cutest dog! She is so cute with Gabe. I would love to have a dog like her someday.
Oh if you only knew how much Nali was talked about in this house. Callie has to give me updates on her. "Nali sleeping", "Nali taking a nap", "Nali so big". You get the picture. She is loved by all!
That was so fun to read and see the pics. It seems like she has settled right in, and it's perfect that she is so sweet to Gabe. Benjamin and I love all the pictures. Benjamin asked, on the last pictures, "What happened to her mouth?" :) I think it's hilarious that you said you used to wish hateful things on her like being run over by a big truck!!!
Post a Comment