Friday, April 1, 2011

Beacon Hill Park


Eric, Gabe and I took a walk through the beautiful Beacon Hill Park. The rocky hill, that I assume the park is named for, was so intriguing. It reminded my of pictures I've seen of Scotland. That is Eric standing across a small ravine on some of the craggy, moss-covered rock.The rest of the park was equally beautiful. We saw peacocks and blue herons, as well as lots and lots of ducks!Gabe showing me his treasured find of a beautiful duck feather... ick! :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my word. That place is exquisite. I loved all the moss and greenery and the pond, and I loved the bridges. Wow. I bet this is a hot spot for photographers! The bending evergreen boughs in the third picture were really pretty. Gabe is so cute on the bridge and sitting on the tree limb and showing you the feather. How fun!

Melanie Anne said...

Wow what an enchanting place! Seriously gorgeous! I love all your pictures. That mossy rock and tree and the beautiful bridge--wow you really captured the beauty Britt. You are quite the photographer:)xo

Mindy said...

Wow! It looks like fairy land! I totally imagine Scotland like that craggy hill, too. And that gnarled tree is SO cool! Your picture looks super artistic, too. These pictures remind me of D&C 59:16-19: "Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit of and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart. Yea for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and enliven the soul." My eye was pleased, my heart gladdened and my soul enlivened just looking at your pictures. I can't imagine how wonderful it was for you to actually be there!