Monday, April 18, 2011

Tulip Festival

Our friends invited us on a day excursion to see the Tulip Festival in Northern Washington. It was so fun! The flowers were breathtaking and Gabe thoroughly enjoyed stomping through all that mud with his pals, Rachel and Jenna! The Wi family!Nyah was excited to finally have a moment to crawl around on the ground. She was filthy in about 30 seconds flat. Oh well - she was happy! :)Gabe smelling the tulips... my sneaky way of capturing photos of him with the flowers was to ask him what each one smelled like! :) Sadly, he reported that most did not have a smell!
We took the scenic way home through Deception Pass. It was beautiful... from a distance. Once I got out on the bridge, I was too dizzy to appreciate anything! Wow - that is high!! With the wind blowing and traffic passing as you walk along a scandalously narrow sidewalk (that does not seem nearly well enough protected from the drop) and swirling water fathoms below you, it was almost more than I could handle. Whew! Seriously I had a death grip on Gabe - I kept imagining him tripping, somehow perfectly arrowing through those holes in the railing and plummeting down... I know, it's really creepy. I couldn't stop imagining it though and it was making me so shaky and dizzy!!My boys underneath the bridge...
What a FUN day!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

wow, SUPER FUN! The tulips are so pretty! and Gabe is so cute smelling all of them and reporting that each one doesn't really smell like anything at all. :) too cute! The bridge sounds frightening! But pretty!