Friday, April 1, 2011

Victoria, B.C.

I loved Victoria - what a beautiful city! The Parliament Building was my favorite with it's green-blue roof but all of downtown was full of lovely buildings and parks.It sprinkled lightly while we were walking about. The rain cover on the stroller worked perfectly to keep our kiddies warm and dry!The shields behind this fountain represented each province of Canada. It looked like they contained their motto and what each province was known for.Fisherman's Wharf. We walked along the docks and into the floating shops and restaurants. Lunch was some delicious fish and chips and fried calamari. I couldn't talk anyone into poutine, dangit! There are even quaint, little, floating homes along fisherman's wharf!We were thrilled to see 4 harbor seals that playfully swam around near the dock, waiting for a handout I'm sure! Someone obliged them when they bought some raw fish and hand fed the seals. It was so fun to see!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Oooh, how fun! I definitely need to plan another trip up that way soon, it's been too long. I love that you got to see the seals, how lucky!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like the most amazing place. What a treasure to get to see it in person. The floating homes and shops seemed really cool. Your lunch sounded good! The kids look adorable all snuggled up and with the rain shield on. I really liked the parliament building the best of all. That building was amazing. You got a great picture of it. I really liked the roofs too. Wow. And the shields around the fountain were really cool too! I love all these pictures. What a great trip!!! You guys are so adventurous. What wonderful memories you are making. And it's neat how you take every opportunity to see the sites of the area you live.

Melanie Anne said...

Wow--what a cool place to visit! The roof on that building is beautiful and so are those floating houses! So fun to see the kids --they look adorable and happy in their cozy stroller:) I would have tried the poutine with you Baba! Isn't that french fries, cheese curds and gravy?? Yum yum ha ha!
xoxo

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

How fun! Thank heavens for strollers with rain covers. :) Glad you had fun!

Jan S said...

I loved all these pictures. The one of that tree is amazing! Too bad you didn't have some poutine (is that how you spell it?) . . . you missed out! :) I crave that stuff!

Mindy said...

You guys are so good at planning and taking fun vacations... and especially exploring the YOUR world. So often it seems like we plan trips for far away places when there are so many cool things to explore in our "backyard." I love the parliament buildings, too. The roof is so cool. And I liked how the sheep and stag had the blue horns/antlers, too. What a fun trip, sis!

Amy said...

It's beautiful there!!! I'm so glad you've been able to go exploring. Your kids are darling and you look amazing! (even in rain!) :)

Amy said...

Wow, that building is amazing! Wesley and I are looking at your blog right now and he thinks the seals are cool but a little scary with their dark heads poking out of the murky water:) Oh now he just called them pirates in the water. Wait, now they're dolphins:) Fun pictures Britt, hope your family is doing well. Tell Gabe and Nyah hi from their cousin Wesley!!